This membership category is for practitioners that have at least five years experience in the microfinance industry. The practitioners must hold a middle management position with a microfinance institution, or a non governmental organisation that provides financial services.
Graduates of the professional certification programme in microfinance can also apply to be an Associate of the Microfinance Association if they have 12 months experience within a microcredit organisation.
Benefits of membership
- Use of the Microfinance information portal
- The use of the AMA - Associate of the Microfinance Association - designation after name
- Monthly Magazine - The Microfinance Professional
- 10% Discount - Professional Certificate in Microfinance
- Research Analyst - Undertake two pieces of work a year
- CV Presentation
- Career Development and opportunities
- Mentoring of Trainees
- Support in organising Branch Networks
- Inclusion in the Microfinance Association Global Skills Register
- Free attendance - Career Connections
- Personal Development Plans